June 11, 2007

PhotoBooks, Obsessing Over Them

I've been spending some of my extra time and bandwidth collecting and analyzing (in a photographic sense) PhotoBooks. I don't have my facts straightened for now, but in some corner of the Internet, PhotoBooks are Japanese gifts to the world. This specific genre features one or more artists in sets of (sexy) clothing, posing and displaying why the deserve to have their own printed material.

First ones that took my attention were of the group Berryz Koubou. Amazingly, they released a solo version for Risako Sugaya who was only 12 at that time.

The most recent and the one that got me to write this post is one by Rina Nagasaki. These following pics, will explain why it is such a big interest to me, and maybe you...
In the beach in a bikini. Isla, spanish for island.
Walking away picture... is that a tricycle?That seems like a cool drink... yellow and blue... sm bonus!?
Moo, Stick-O, Good Time, Yan-yan, Lays, Bread Pan, Frooty, Doritos, Roller Coaster, Piatos, Knick knacks. Unmistakably this PhotoBook was shot here in the Philippines :P

3 comments:

Loopy said...

Yeah Bry, I can soooo see that your interest in the photobook is because it was shot in the Philippines. :P

Unknown said...

I like the play of color contrasts on the second one; the excess light from behind makes the dark dress not-so-heavy too.. really good. 8D

The other one, the reds and the grass.. not new but all the same refreshing just like the chilled bottled water she's enjoying. 8D

I want to take pikachurs now. XD

Anonymous said...

WOW very nice photo congratulations!!!
CENTRAL EUROPE-CRACOW 750 years.
Daveone