I've had bad experiences with HP/Compaq as Laptops, but I do recall that a Hard Disk from that is still running quite well. I'll torture this 2TB as much as I can and report here my findings.
- USB 3.0 but is backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Relatively Fast: RapidCRC speed of 38.28MB/s
vs Combi (Seagate 7200rpm 80GB:CDRking 3.5" USB2.0 enclosure) 26.33MB/s
vs Seagate 7200rpm internal SATA 48.38MB/s
- Upright, with Blue Blinky Light thingy
- Not too hot (temp)
- Separate power source/adapter with long cord.
- USB 3.0 cable, half meter-ish.