March 27, 2005

Beyond the Clouds

I decided to name this post in honor of the brilliant anime of the same title that I have just watched. It is an independent movie by Makoto Shinkai, who also made 'Voice of a distant star'. At last I found an anime that can rival, even exceed Macross Zero in visuals. Crisp, vivid and simply breathtaking. Some people found the story slow and underdeveloped, but for me, the pace and plot are perfect and complement the heart of the movie. I can't stop raving about how good this anime is, so try and get a copy and watch it yourself.


Wow, *nix based os :D




Screenie from Voice of a Distant Star




Howl's Moving Castle
It is the latest movie release from Studio Ghibli with Hayao Miyazaki as director. The Ghibli magic is still alive and reigning. As good as it is, it falls only second from Beyond the clouds for this week.


Fist of the North Star
This one is definitely a classic. It could possibly be Dragonball's predecessor. Damn bloody, gory and retro. Watch if you want some action and mutilation.


Pokemon Heroes
You watch this... nonsense? Yes. I kinda like Misty so deal with it :)). Two guardian pokemons that protect a city. Not a bad PokeMovie.


Ocean's Eleven
Now I get it. Ocean is the guy and collects 11 people to do gig. It was cool how Ocean can think N-steps ahead of anyone else.




The Pretender
I really liked this series and used to watch it on chan.9. Jarod was amazing because he can become anything he wants/needs to be.

Partly, I've become like him... adapting to what I need to be. Just this week I've been: a MS Access Programmer, Plumber, Cutting Machine Technician, Laundry Man and what have you. But deep down I still question who I really am and what my true purpose is.

That is it for my extended weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoshi no Koe!
Madrama - I almost cried in the CS dept when Mario made me watch it some time ago.

Let me link up to your blog post with the Ghibli image :) I like your wallpaper :D

I love The Cat Returns! Watched it again this weekend with some Bangag people *laughs* Rotch was bonkers as usual.

Oceans 11 is cool! I don't know about the sequel though :|

*nix rocks! Have I told you that I was able to configure and compile my kernel on my own last week? *giggles* It's quite an experience and I might have to do that again soon. I am not sure yet how I will have Wifi enabled and I think configuring the kernel for that would be something I ought to do.

brymac said...

You are brave to have compiled your own kernel :D If you found Hoshi great, Beyond the clouds is a must watch :)

Anonymous said...

You got HOWL'S!!! Good for you! i'm currently prowling for miyazaki films on dvd so i could leave em with my nephews (the 6 year old idolizes Kiki, just like me!)

Am moving to cainta by this weekend. why? 3 words: great looking bathroom. and oh, no housemates. gives me space to watch on all those series i haven't watched.
and/or written a review on.
As well as play H-games without SHAME >:))

olrayt said...

hayuf pre hehe

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am brave! A brave newbie! :D I hope that I won't botch it up the next time I try it again *laughs*

Rotch recommends Howls :)