March 06, 2005

W Week 1: Review

I'm a bit happy that work is living up to my expectation, hope I'm living up to theirs. It is a bit dangerous to blog about work so I'll skip that and proceed to some other things.

Travel Blues:
This week I regularly experienced "sardine train". Due to time constraints, I have to be one of the crowd and squeeze in. As long as the train's aircon works well, it is not too bad. But if not, it is a steaming coffin. The travel time is good but the hassle may be too much. Will try the FX route this week.


Naruto 124:
I liked this episode because of Rock Lee's taijutsu(close-range hand-to-hand combat). Its been a while since I've seen convincing fight scenes that dont involve chakra or long range skills.

Initial D Fourth Stage 11 & 12:
It is a real pain waiting for episodes of Init D to come out, but its always worth the wait. I'm still to like the new start and end songs, because the ones from 1-10 are so cool. The battle between the 86 and the cappuccino ends in ep 12 and the uphill between the levin and FD just started.

Samurai 7:
Due to this series being licensed at some point, it became hard to get episodes to complete it. I happened to browse the list in boxtorrents and found that some guy uploaded the whole series from a mix of fansub groups. I finished watching it last saturday and my only complaint is the pacing from the middle of the series to the climax. It was a bit dragging in that range then things started to happen too fast that it seemed too squeezed just to fit it in the 25th and 26th eps. Otherwise, its a magnificent series, worthy remake of the classic original.

1 comment:

brymac said...

nope, 'I' as in Infococonut/feelDT :))