February 09, 2009

Neo Vivid 1190


Had this netbook (Neo Vivid 1190) in my possesion for a short while (added antivirus:AVG, spybot, openoffice, etc). I looked at the neo website and they didn't have downloads for this model yet (attn neo). So I looked at the bottom and saw that the model number is J10IL1.

With just that model number and Google, I managed to locate the real manufacturer(Equus CS) and at least they had easy to find downloads for this one. I found the driver there so I downloaded it. But it seemed that that was already installed, so why is the webcam not working or was not detected? Duh! There's a Fn + F12 that enables the webcam. Duh?! Wow, a computer noobie moment... haven't had that in a while :))

General impression: Its kinda nice. XP is relatively responsive. Built is sort of bulky but 'macho'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just purchased this same netbook less than a month. So far not too bad. Only complaint is the keyboard. It is very small. Still getting used to it. Runs Windows XP pretty well even tried Windows 7 Beta on it. Worked well other than some software incompatibility. Anyways, I was wondering where I can find a larger capacity battery for this netbook? Ideas? Thanks

brymac said...

Hi!
I bought a Neo 1190 last friday and yesterday (4days after) something is going wrong with the sounds.

When you play an mp3. Inevery songs. When it hits the 7-8-9th sec it starts to hang then plays again... its like a pirated cds played then went okey agian type of problem.

Do you guys have any resolution?
Im playing the music using itunes newest version. also tried under media player... same respone...

I really dnt know whats wrong?

please levae me a message at

<- I removed your contact information.

I'm thinking of 3 things that might be wrong.
1) Your mp3 is corrupted or has protection. Try another file.
2) try installing http://www.cccp-project.net/ this may fix your mp3 codecs if the got corrupted.
3) Go to the EquusCS site mentioned in the post, download and install the audio driver (this is a big file though).

let me know which works :)

Anonymous said...

j10il1 is a product manufactured by uniwill, which was acquired by ECS or elite group of Taiwan. Equus does not have any fab of its own. Mine is rebranded of Axioo(singapore brand) PICO DJJ.

Although the price was right, I admit the quality of MSI wind or Samsung netbooks are superior to j10il1.

brymac said...

thanks for the correction :)