May 02, 2007

AYUMU... The Birthday Gift That Took Too Long

The long story quoted below was written with hate and spite. In retrospect, the harder it is to get something, the more you cherish it.

The owner of the shop talked to me and testified that the model I chose was extremely hard to procure. Retailers probably have to go the extra mile to nick one from the suppliers. For my patience, I got a 1k price cut(because of the processor?), an optical mouse and a 1GB Apacer Flash Drive. I'll write a review for AYUMU on the next post.

At last, a proper gift... 11days after.

What takes 11 days to buy?

An island? A palace? A car?

April rolled in and I knew what I would buy myself for my birthday... a laptop. I wanted one to unshackle myself from being tied to working from the house.

During the third week, I nailed the brand and model I needed: NEO Empriva 630NVP2. On April 20, I called PCEvotech but they said it would take one day to order. So I decided to buy it from the site I was browsing from, PC Corner. I called them up and asked if they had it in stock, they said they had one so I hurt my bank and scurried to Gilmore.

When I arrived, they said it wasn't there anymore. Shucks, I specifically went there because they said they had it. They were pimping me other brands but was fixed on what I wanted. I talked again to the salesperson and what they can provide is a temporary replacement laptop (Asus A8JR) that will be swapped when the actual one arrives. I turned this one down because I didn't want to use a laptop that wasn't really mine (or wanted). So I just left a generous downpayment for the 630 (either NX2 or NVP2 would be fine) and left a bit downhearted.

Three days went by fast as I had a great time in Pangasinan. I called on April 23 to check up on it, but my contact said they need 3 more days. I can wait... 3 more won't hurt that much.

I called again on April 25, my contact was absent so I talked to another person. He said that there will be a delivery at 5pm and I should call again. At 530pm as I was going home from MOA so I called from my mobile (something I rarely do). The same guy answered and with bite of impatience told me to sit quietly and wait for them to call. *insert tons of curses here*

April 27: I received a call from my original contact. I wasn't expressing anger or spite but she was all apologetic and cowering as she told me to give them one last chance and that she'll get me my laptop by Monday(April 30). She was going to throw in a Flash Drive for all my patience (*wow, flash drives can now quell all suffering*).

April 30, 500pm: I suppressed all the boiling anger and called. I got hold of her but she was running around and made me hold the line for 5mins. Another guy talked to me and said "For delivery on Wednesday" WTF! I firmly said that Wednesday would make it 13 days, and asked to talk to the girl again. She said she'll call me in 5mins. She did call and told me that it wasn't there yet and but will definitely arrive at 7pm.

I flew at full haste and arrived there before 8pm. After more waiting(it arrived 930pm), the laptop I have been drooling over finally arrived. As pretty as it was, it fell a bit short. The supplier plugged in a T5200 processor, where I specified a T5500 at least. They said I can bring it back the next day and they'll replace the processor.

I went back the next day and finally got it as I wanted. 11 days.

1 comment:

Loopy said...

well, at least you still got what you wanted :)

boo, i don't know where i placed that anime you gave me when we saw each other in Big Buddha! I haven't seen it yet!