August 21, 2006

Humid Dreadful Rain


Soft glow of the overcast sky and green leaves

My first High Dynamic Range(HDR) Photo

HDR of Adrian's shots

I was invited to join Adrian, Josephine and Andy in a PhotoOp at the La Mesa Ecopark. Had fun tagging along with them and talking to Andy about Miyazaki stuff.

It was a good opportunity to try HDR so I took time to compose the shot I wanted. Even with the brute power 'Rebirth' has, creating and editing HDR required me to leave my desk and do something else while it processed all that info. Imagine, an HDR PSD file is 93.3MB! The results are a little gloomy and washed out, but that was the mood as the rain was about to fall. A simpler way to get a better shot would be using graduated nd filter (don't nosebleed now, think tinted eyeglasses). Since I don't have one of those (yet), an HDR attempt is fine.

4 comments:

chris said...

Great pics, I like them all in their own unique ways.

The first one's glow kinda gives it a surreal feeling. The 2nd one, I like how the colors blend. Different shades of green plus the pale blue sky. Plus it's symmetric vertically. Parang may focus yung picture pero at the same time, the background holds it's own.

For the 3rd one, I like the contrast of the foreground and background elements of the picture.

dejibu said...

I really like the first one. Reminds me of beautiful moments drenched in the rain under a weeping sky. Gloomy in a freshing way. Lol.

Unknown said...

Fun stuff. :-) You oughta join this group-

http://flickr.com/groups/hdr/

markku said...

HDR is good, but tends to make some photos unnatural. You can always revert to RAW processing with dodge and burn, or you could always shoot with a polarizer to get some good constrast and saturation.