August 08, 2006

Brymac on Ice


There is no such thing as a practice life.
I've been thinking of this simple phrase since I came across it. It has furthered my desire to go out and live life. I'm also slowly taking down walls I probably built through the years. Given the chance, I'll go and try it. The amount of failures can be shadowed by successful attempts, its a matter of probability.

Swedish
I recently got my first formal massage. Aidz and I went on a night photo op, then decided to get one. Around 20 minutes in the sauna, a bath, ate some shabu-shabu then finally 30+ minutes swedish massage. I received a lot of elbows and knees, but all in all it was great. Whatever was causing my stiffneck probably got elbowed away.

Ice Skating
We went to MoA to celebrate Aimee's birthday. Ice Skating was part of the plan so we looked over the rink and weighed our chances against a battalion of kids. I've tried rollerblades now and then so I was brave enough to not use the rink wall. So after three hours, getting extremely wet, falling N times, straining my wrist and getting my hand 'toe-picked'... Ice skating is either not for me or I need tons of more practice.

Photo Op
While in MoA, I took some pics including Kimi's F1 that was on display. [Other pics here]

Like Losing A Friend
I said goodbye to something important. We've been through a lot together and I'm incredibly thankful to her. She held well enough and helped me buy her replacement. Bye, Tsunami(AMD Duron700)...
Here's how my station looks now:

7 comments:

dejibu said...

Carpe diem, buddy. Good stuff. *V*

I haven't gotten any massages yet. Maybe when I've come to terms with all my lumps. Lol.

Ice skating requires practice, a good sense of balance and 2 layers of socks. You also need to tie your skates properly as to not have your foot wiggle in it (thus the 2 socks). And it actually helps if you wear gloves, it'll make getting up easier. But pts for being brave enough, regardless of the nasty toe picks. Looks painful.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That looked painful. I have my own pair of rollerblades. But to me, ice skating is a whole different thing. I tried and learned frustration instead.

chris said...

I raise a glass to good ole Tsunami. Dang! That's an old comp B-MAC! I still remember her.

corina said...

ouch! buti na lang sa mega ako unang nagskate, at least dun may hawakan sa gilid.

tseri said...

nooo!!! why did i even look at that picture??!?! aww!!

no more ice skating for me then.

Anonymous said...

eeeww! that is one scary-looking sugat!

you should put a disclaimer, or something, so people would know what they're getting themselves into if they click. :(

brymac said...

Tseri: Looks horrible but it didn't hurt.

Mic: Disclaimer? Where's the fun if I placed something like that :))