June 11, 2006

A Night with Arnee and Sandy

(updated)

It is as if the universe conspired and things just fell into place. A chance to meet two dear people whom I haven't seen in years (or at least talked to personally) was right in front of me.

June 1, 2006 930pm. Bagaberde Roxas.
There wasn't much activity yet so I decided to go and greet Sandy. At that moment, I was happy that I decided to go. We talked a bit, then their set started. It is amazing that they can sound so wonderfully complete. I should have invited more people to watch. One would see that Sandy knows how keep the audience happy and involve them in the performance. Thanks for dedicating a song for me :)

Arnee admits that her band that night 'brown sugar' was asked a bit last minute but even with the reduced amount of practice together, the set was great. She was drowned by the drums in the first few songs but it got better as the songs mellowed down. Sandy went to join me and we enjoyed listening together. Arnee and her brother Jeffrey sang 'My Boo' and he did a solo as well. After Arnee's set, I went to talk to her and was surprised to see her with familiar face: hazel, who's soon going abroad. Arnee and I talked a bit but then she had to go.

SanDiLea's second set went well. Sandy did a duet with a guy who had a birthday, was prepared and sang well (a bit intoxicated too by the looks of his blushing face). The set ended and I asked about her next gig. I'll probably go see her again on the 15th.

Edit: Anyone up for SanDiLea and MYMP on the 14th? or Arnee on the 29th?



Sandy: Fine as sand in an hourglass and a voice as memorable as an ocean
I've known Sandy since Manhid(1996). Her role there was a cursing, screaming, ranting and singing villain, that together with her bubbly real self had me at 'Puñ3+@'. She is now a member of the acoustic band 'SanDiLea'.

Arnee: Presence, Aura and Power.
I enjoyed listening to Arnee way before she sang professionally. In Manhid, Arnee's character was a late bloomer, yet possessed powers greater than all before her. She recently released her second album 'You Got It All' after taking a two-year break. Go and get a copy now :)

4 comments:

tseri said...

ey, tavern si sandy sa 15? sige sama ako.. try ko na rin makapunta bagaberde uli for arnee. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I think I'll watch Sandy on the 15th. I'm a fan of MYMP din so doble ang saya. :)

Anonymous said...

hi! this is Eleanore of SanDiLea (the kahonista). June 14 & 29 po sched namin sa Tavern. revised sked. fyi lang. salamat!

brymac said...

Thanks Eleanore :). Im revising my post, adding a new one and informing people I invited to watch :D