June 21, 2006

Gimme Some of that Salsa!

In continuing pursuit of both a life and a night-life, I took on Tata's invitation to go and learn Salsa. The group who runs this night is Federacion de Salsa Filipinas, Inc. "It dedicates itself to spreading the JOY of salsa and the unique and genuine friendship shared by Salseros all over the world".

They are indeed a nice bunch of enthusiasts who are there to further promote this dance/attitude/culture and are willing to help you out. At around 10 or 11, Martin(sf president) gave the group lessons from the basic step/timing and progressed to higher level combinations.

I was able to get the steps, but solo vs leading/dancing with a partner are two entirely different things. Tata's friend Steph was brave and kind enough to teach me how to lead, with me getting overwhelmed at some point and losing the count. (Thanks Steph! It was diffucult to switch between listening to you and looking at my feet. My eyes decelarate on its way down *^_^* )

Martin's birthday was also celebrated that night. 'Skuld' and I got an unexpected chance for action. Well, the shots tell the story (I need more practice!!!). We've only been together for 5 days so give us some slack :P


Pics that night
Learn salsa online



Salsa Nights (Tuesdays:9pm) @ Bykes Cafe: Ground Floor La Fuerza Bldg. Pasong Tamo (Chino Roces) cor. Sabio St. Makati City (its somewhere between don bosco and edsa).
Entrance Fee is 150 Php (100 of which is consummable)

3 comments:

meekerz said...

Looks fun! :D Go bmac! :D

brymac said...

Bring Alvin and drop by. For stress relief and fun :)

Loopy said...

my team mate in disc does salsa. maybe you know her? denise gonzales.