September 25, 2005

Poker Face

I definitely don't have one.

But last Friday, my buds and I had a couple of rounds of poker (with real chips from hawaii) using the same rules as Celebrity Poker. It was fun as I was learning tricks and tips from them about how to bet, outsmart, bully and fold. My friends couldn't believe that I was winning rounds with sheer dumb luck, beating their good 2 cards with trash after the 5 other cards have been revealed.

It is certainly a thinking game, calculating and reading your opponents is a must. Acting, feinting and showmanship is a needed to throw them off from your real hand/intentions. But you can also just play it with just a bit of common sense and a pocketful of hot strong love... I mean luck.

4 comments:

tseri said...

haha! i love this poker game! but i've never played it, love watching it, that is. hehe! we should play this sa isa sa mga outings natin. :)

anyway, mini-stop? they have apple na. :)

Anonymous said...

My crummy luck streak continued on to saturday where i won 1 out of 4 games. lousy. hehehe long term effects ka sakin eh hehe i think this week we could have more players. might actually get a full table. hope ka my luck changes all ill still be blaming it on you. hahahaha.

brymac said...

tse: sure :D ang saya nya pag marami :D

aidz: ha! it wasn't just me. it was the bmac-david combo that jinxed you :)) pahiram chips minsan.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha... the chips go with me... but ill gladly play with you folks kung sino man kasama mo maglaro :D take my money hahahaha!