May 16, 2009

Farewell Rebirth?

Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes * 4. 2,102,400 minutes. 24/7 faithful service from my beloved desktop 'Rebirth' and I think she's on her way to gadget heaven.

After hanging, she didn't want to boot anymore. The fan/heatsink for the chipset might have separated, possibly frying it. Sigh, I really thought she still had a good year or two left.

I'll spend some time to locate the real problem, then contemplate if I should:
  • Completely abandon having a desktop
  • Locate and buy the part (probably phased out by now)
  • Upgrade the mobo, processor and memory althogether (ouch)
*Sigh*

1 comment:

olrayt said...

nagkaproblema din ako ng ganyan. the heatsink clasp (or whatever its called) snapped. dropped 400 php on the already phased out part.

bili ka na lang ng bago :D