September 30, 2008

Memories of a burnt room


I found out this morning that the faculty room in Pisay's humanities building got roasted. I'm not sure what impact it has on current and future pisay-tizens, but as an alumni, I do have some memories and recollections of that large room.

One can go there to just sit down. It was generally quiet, had 2 couches and moderate ventilation. There was a certain something about it, both eerie and serene. Well, most of the rooms in the humanities bldg had this quality, with generations of the best minds leaving subtle traces of their four years stay.

I went to the faculty room to submit stuff like book reports, homework, etc. Sometimes there is an envelope to receive it, like the one in the picture. At times you have to slide it under the door. If either of those fail, you can just toss it over because these cubicles aren't closed at the top.

Speaking of open cubicles, there was more than one occasion that I had to go over them myself. No, nothing related to mischief or wrong doing, but upon the request of the occupant. One of my teachers left her keys there and could not find a janitor to help her out. Reluctantly, she asked me if I was willing to go over, which I was :P

This wasn't too easy as you have to avoid breaking the glass window, get dirtied by the dusty sill/edge and land somewhere not crushing anything including your bones. Better then that now at least, the door frame would probably buckle at my current weight :))

How about you? What memories do you have of the faculty room?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously??? what happened??

Anonymous said...

Ma'am Arrevillaga at the Faculty Room scolding us for our English 1 newsletter. They're both gone now :(