April 12, 2007

Easy Primal Kiss Pumps

Huh?! You may have probably noticed that I tend to squeeze all topics into a post title :P

Primal Fear
This movie was recommended to me by Atty. Ramirez and Aidz. I was interested because they mentioned that Edward Norton's role here is similar to Fight Club. Indeed, his performance and acting was good, considering he was only credited in the third tier. The courtroom drama is not as powerful as that of 'the practice', but substantial all the same. After watching the movie, it sort of exemplifies an old Filipino saying: "Matalino man ang matsing, napaglalalangan din" which roughly means "even a smart monkey can be fooled".


Paradise Kiss
Tseri requested me to procure this anime because she caught it on Animax one time. Was expecting a light watch out of this, but ended up with a bit of culture shock.

I had this notion of properly separating Anime and Hentai. ParaKiss walked the line between the two categories, something I haven't seen since Akira or Ninja Scroll.

I found the story interesting with moments where you'll say *GAK* or *zOMG*. It tells about students from a high-class fashion/design school who found a model in a student who doesn't find herself special.

Fuck Me Pumps
Loopy mentioned in one of her posts this song by Amy Winehouse. The mood of the song is a bit comical, but I figured that it would be painful to hear for someone in that situation. 'Do Me Good' sounds nice, but probably a girl/woman's song.


Ambing - Easy Flagela (update)
I was surprised one day when a member of the band who sang this song found me on YM. The current name of the band is Los Chupacabras and here are their blogs: Mikael Carl and Joel.

8 comments:

Loopy said...

OOooo! Can you please burn me a copy of Paradise Kiss? Please please please?!:D

Ryan said...

amy winehouse is an amazing musician.

Ryan said...

oh, and I think the song you mean is "you know I'm no good". ;)

brymac said...

loopy: i'll give it to you when we meet again.

ryan: I thought so too at the beginning but 'you know i'm no good' is part of the back to black album. 'do me good' is part of a compilation aside from her 2 albums :)

Unknown said...

You do know that your title sounds wrong :P

I've heard raves about Parakisu but I'd have to wait for another long weekend to watch that. Right now I am still fangirling over Eureka Seven and Ouran :)

Sun Jun said...

paradise kiss sounds interesting ^^ hope to find one here also ^^ hehe

tseri said...

excuse me!! it's not hentai!!! it looks interesting. the most "sexual" scene i saw in animax was the petite girl and pierced guy kissing on top of the pool table. is it really that bad??

anyway, i still wanna see it. gimme! :D

brymac said...

Okay, I probably over-reacted at the "sexual"-ness of ParaKiss. The pool table was ok, but there is one other scene. Get back to me about it when you see that one :P