February 24, 2007

zOMG! Its Beautiful!


I've been a fan of Makoto Shinkai since I watched 'Voices of a Distant Star'. Like many others I was awaiting his latest Movie: Byousoku 5 Centimeter - a chain of short stories about their distance. Imagine my surprise when I found part 1 (Oukashou) available for viewing.

This director has a way of bringing out emotions that are probably lurking withing one's heart. Love, loss, dread, impatience, sorrow, helplessness. This is sooo welcome after the bad taste my previous Anime entry brought.

I can't wait to see the movie! It will be in theaters in Japan on March 3, 2007. When will the DVD come out? :((

Edit: I rummaged for the teaser/trailers I have and watched them. If I watched the entire movie at max quality, I'd probably in tears the whole time :)) Click the screenshot below to see how beautiful it will be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Yeah I echo your sentiments. This looks like it's gonna be something awesome (and yep my only basis for saying this is the screenshot you posted lol!)!!

Will definitely keep an eye out for this one.

mapet said...

i just finished watching part 1. OMG! i loooooooove it! thanks for telling me about it. i'm currently downloading voices of a distant star. :D

brymac said...

hey mapet. Glad you liked it :)