February 09, 2007

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. Bleh

Macross came up with Macross Plus in 1994 and Macross Zero in 2002 which were fantastic both in story and animation. I already had bad vibes before I tried watching this movie/oav, but I did so anyway so I can smash it to pieces. Harmony Gold's attempt is mediocre. Story is so-so. Animation is americanized trying to be anime. CG is circa 90's. Comedy is corny. Drama is like "damn you, Salazar!". Pfft, there goes an hour and a half of my life. I do hope by losing it, I'd save you guys the pain.

Edit: HG used DR Movie as the animators. They did Macross Plus so there were moments that it looked like Plus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha~XD I tried looking up Plus and Zero on CRoll but they were licensed. D: Oh well. *dons YouT00b biohazard suit*