November 19, 2006

'Canon' Fodder

Nope, exactly the opposite. Canon is serious about its commitment to customer service, not leaving you alone once you buy one of their products. Here's a little story with regards to my 350D.

Cameras and lenses are sensitive to prolonged exposure to humidity. I learned this the hard way after around 4 months, I noticed snowflake like crystals growing in the inner elements on my 18-55mm lens. I postponed getting it checked at the Canon service center, anticipating that it might take too long.

I recently bought an EF 50mm 1.8 II lens and needed to submit the warranty form. I took this chance to have the camera and 18-55 checked as well. The head service guy definitely had a frown when I showed him the lens, but they took it in and told me to wait as much as 7 days.

Alas, 24hours later I received a call from Canon telling me that my stuff is ready for pick-up. I went there the next day and w00t, a new/replacement lens. The best thing about it? I didn't have to pay for anything :D

On a side note, the sensor cleaning wasn't perfect. I still see 4 medium dots and a large one. It's a lot better that if I do it myself so that's fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pre may alam kang mabibilhan ng b-new nikon cameras (d50, d70, d80)?

salamat hehe :D

Anonymous said...

they replaced it??? u lucky guy! i still have to clean my sensor hihi.