May 31, 2006

They Made Me Eat Moldy Goldi!

"Fresh Bake"? I was half thru this when i saw the mold. Damn. No wonder I felt fuzzy since yesterday.

I bought this bread from a shop named *bleep* in its *bleep* branch on May 30, 2006. The 'best before' label states June 1, 2006. If Kuroyanagi of 'Yakitate Japan' saw this, he'd label the baker who made it 'TRASH'.

'Why didn't you check it before you ate it?' The damn packaging was opaque orange!!! The loaves near the opening looked fine. This morning I took a bite and saw green stuff on the ear of the loaf. *Belch*. No, not really. I spat it out and examined the whole thing. Damn. Thank goodness for 'aristo-cart', fishballs and tukneneng that trained my stomach. Damn.

Happy Birthday pala ha. 40 thoughful years pala ha. Thanks for the damn moldy treat.




They're not totally bad though. I've lived off their original 'wheaten bread' which is relatively cheap and filling for 50php and 750grams. It was my first time to try their 400gram version. Damn.


Damn count: 6

6 comments:

joven said...

damn.

benj said...

actually seven yung "damn", including the one on damn count. ;)

sa susunod mag-"tasty" bread ka na lang, hehe.

o.O said...

ye! it's penicillin diba?!

ey, next time you buy bread in plastic.. smell it first. you can smell the moldi from the outside! ;)

o.O said...

onga pala! dati i cooked expired pancakes for breakfast with my siblings... my sister got asthma attacks and was rushed to the nearest mini-hospital, my 2 brothers got a bit sick too, ako wa-epek!

thanks to vitamins and those street foods too!

meekerz said...

ickyyy ;P hehe

demand for a refund or exchange of item! and always buy bread at least 3-4 days before expiration :P oh, and we put our bread in the fridge to avoid the icky green stuff ;)

good thing you're alright. hehe. :)

brymac said...

joan: canteen food is a given :P

benj: there are times that I find wheat tastier than 'tasty' :)

et: hehe. pero patay din ang good bacteria :))

renz: amoy from the outside un? cge ill keep that in mind. 'anti-bodies' nga ang term namin when you 'eat out'

miks: I called their main customer service whom wanted the moldy bread tested and they had the branch call me. I went back and they replaced my moldy goldi :D