May 14, 2006

The Fearsome Power of Ja-Pan


It has been a while since I encountered an anime series that I could not put down. Again, it never ceases to amaze me how japanese can take a normal topic such as bread and make you crave for more info about it. Yakitate Ja-pan.

I've seen a couple of trailers/commercials and I told myself 'what ubsurd reactions to eating bread', not knowing that this actually the heart of the show. It also has tons of spoofs of other anime and more puns than any other show I know. Having all that, the show still remains cohesive and enjoyable, with just a few more episodes left to be subtitled.

(short list of spoofed anime: Galaxy Express 999, Naruto, Initial D, Gokusen, Fist of the North Star, Dragonball, Gundam, One Piece, Evangelion(its there))

Watch it! You'll laugh so hard you'll cry.

4 comments:

corina said...

pahiram! hehehe... parang nagkikita tayo 'no.

joven said...

well, cors, kung makakahintay ka pa sa june... ;)

Loopy said...

ako rin! pahiram!!!!!

corina said...

oo nga, sa june. bmac, bmac, dalhin mo sa june :D soli ko sa yo sa... hehehe... baka di ko masoli :D