June 23, 2008

Stormy Day Adventure

The Tropical Storm "Frank" raged last night and left problems like flooding, brownouts and stranded passengers. So rather than getting work done, I decided to sleep over at the office as the rain /winds were strong and power/internet was probably down everywhere.

Around lunch today I decided to force my way home. I rode a cab, but he dropped me off a couple of blocks away, saying that my destination was severely flooded. I was a bit pissed so I changed my mind and commuted. It was fine until we stopped around St. Luke's, unable to go forward due to a couple of blocks waist deep in flood.

Not sure what my train of thought was, but I ended up taking the most tedious solution: I walked.

Without familiarity of the area nor landmarks to guide me, I soldiered on and just kept walking. I backtracked a couple of times, blocked by subdivisions or more floods. The map below shows the path I took, St. Luke's to Capitol Medical.
It was kinda fun knowing where you are, where you want to go, but not knowing how to get there.

No comments: